Mote's annual Special Lecture Series showcases world-famous speakers discussing marine-related topics on Monday evenings in February/March.
Ticket sales are only final once online registration has been confirmed. Please do not assume tickets have been purchased until you receive online confirmation or have spoken with Mote Education staff. Thank you.
Special Lecture Series Details
Time, Day & Dates: Mondays at 6:30 p.m. from February 26-March 26.
Location: Mote Marine Laboratory & Aquarium's WAVE Center, 1600 Ken Thompson Parkway, Sarasota, FL, 34236.
Tickets: $10 (per ticket per lecture); $5 for Mote volunteers (who are not Mote members); $5 for teachers and students; free for Mote members. You must make a reservation in advance, even if you are a member. A limited number of tickets might be available at the door on lecture nights, but we cannot guarantee availability. Tickets are non-refundable unless Mote cancels the lecture. Ticket sales close at 3 p.m. on the day of the lecture or when tickets sell out. Please note: Member discount (in this case, free admission) will require a promotion code.
Seating: Doors open at 5:30 p.m. to the WAVE Center for lecture guests to enjoy a cocktail hour (cash bar) before the lectures begin at 6:30 p.m. Ticket holders will be seated on a first-come, first-served basis.
Questions: Please call (941) 388-4441.
Mote is proud to offer this series thanks to our presenting sponsors Robert and Jill Williams. Corporate sponsorship provided by Mariash Lowther Wealth Management.
2018 Special Lecture Series Lineup TBA
Some of Our Past Speakers
- Anne Doubilet, National Geographic Explorer and Photographer
- Lad Akins, Director of Special Projects for REEF, which works with citizens to benefit marine ecosystems
- Chris Fischer, Founding Chairman of OCEARCH
- Dr. Justin Perrault, Sea Turtle Researcher and Mote Post-Doctoral Fellow
- Dr. Gerald Pollack, Bioengineer and Author of "The Fourth Phase of Water: Beyond Solid, Liquid, and Vapor"
- Dr. Kevan Main, Manager of Mote's Marine and Freshwater Aquaculture Research Program
- Dr. Andrea Tarnecki, Postdoctoral Research Fellow in the Marine Immunology Program
- Dr. Robert Hueter, Associate Vice President for Research, Senior Scientist and Director of the Center for Shark Research
- Dr. Shirley Pomponi, Research Professor, Executive Director of NOAA Cooperative Institute for Ocean Exploration, Research, and Technology at Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institute
- Dr. Dana Wetzel, Senior Scientist and Manager of the Environmental Laboratory for Forensics at Mote