Mommy & Me
Children and their favorite adults learn together through marine-themed crafts, games, songs, stories and role play and then enjoy a special guided visit to an exhibit in The Aquarium.
Ages: 2-5 with their favorite adults.
Days: Tuesdays, select Wednesdays and Thursdays each week from fall to spring.
Times: 10-11 a.m. (Tue, Wed, Thu mornings) and 1:30 - 2:30 p.m. (Thursday pm only). Classes meet at the Whale Fountain at the entrance to The Aquarium 10 minutes before classes begin — 9:50 a.m. and 1:20 p.m.
Note: Afternoon classes are offered ONLY on Thursdays.
Cost and Registration:
- One class: $16 for Mote members ($6 for each additional child); $20 for non-members ($7 for each additional child).
- One Full Session (4 classes): 10% discount applied to registered classes.
- Full Fall Season: (All 13 classes): 15% discount applied to registered classes.
- Online Registration Form (Pre-Registration Required)
- Download Registration Form (Word)
Exploring the Bay
Kids and adults explore coastal habitats of Sarasota Bay by wading in the water and collecting marine animals with dip nets. Tuesday classes depend on good weather. Participants must wear closed-toed, closed-heel water shoes. Activities in Tuesday classes repeat every week, but the animals we find will provide an element of surprise!
Dates: 9/12, 9/19, 9/26, 10/3, 10/17, 10/24, 10/31, 11/7, 11/14
Classroom Programs - Wednesdays & Thursdays:
- A, B, Seas – 1, 2, 3s
- 9/7 – L is for Lionfish
- 9/14 – M is for Manatee
- 9/20 (a.m.) & 9/21 – N is for Nurse Shark
- 9/28 – O is for Octopus
- Sea of Costumes
- 10/12 – Exploring the Bay Special Wed.
- 10/18 (a.m.)– Light Up the Sea
- 10/26 – All Grown Up
- 11/1 (a.m.) & 11/2 – Trick or Treat on the Coral Reef
- Senses of the Sea
- 11/9 - Underwater Chit Chat
- 11/15 (a.m.) & 11/16 – Sharks Sniff & Smell
- 11/30 – Eyes Everywhere!
- 12/6 (a.m.) & 12/7 – Wonderful Whiskers
- Blast from the Past
- 12/14 – Best of Summer Camp
- 12/20 (a.m.) & 12/21 – Best Fishes and Happy Holidays
There are no refunds for Mote Education programs unless Mote cancels the program. If you provide notice of cancellation more than 24 hours before the program begins, we will credit your payment to a future program. If you cancel within 24 hours of the program or fail to show up without giving notice, you will be charged in full for the program.
Questions about Mommy and Me at Mote programs? Contact Miranda Wrobel: 941.388.4441, ext. 264, or firstname.lastname@example.org