Mommy & Me
Children and their favorite adults learn together through marine-themed crafts, games, songs, stories and role play and then enjoy a special guided visit to an exhibit in The Aquarium.
Ages: 2-5 with their favorite adults.
Days: Tuesdays, select Wednesdays and Thursdays each week from fall to spring.
Times: 10-11 a.m. (Tue, Wed, Thu mornings) and 1:30 - 2:30 p.m. (Thursday pm only). Classes meet at the Whale Fountain at the entrance to The Aquarium 10 minutes before classes begin — 9:50 a.m. and 1:20 p.m.
Note: Afternoon classes are offered ONLY on Thursdays.
Cost and Registration:
- One class: $16 for Mote members ($6 for each additional child); $20 for non-members ($7 for each additional child).
- One Full Session (4 classes): 10% discount applied to registered classes.
- Full Season (All classes): 15-20% discount.
- Online Registration Form (Pre-Registration Required)
- 2018 Download Registration Form (Word)
Exploring the Bay
Kids and adults explore coastal habitats of Sarasota Bay by wading in the water and collecting marine animals with dip nets. Tuesday classes depend on good weather. Participants must wear closed-toed, closed-heel water shoes. Activities in Tuesday classes repeat every week, but the animals we find will provide an element of surprise!
Dates: March 13, March 20, March 27, April 3, April 10, April 17, April 24, May 1, and May 8, 2018.
Classroom Programs - Wednesdays & Thursdays:
- Senses of the Sea
- 11/30 – Eyes Everywhere!
- 12/6 (a.m.) & 12/7 – Wonderful Whiskers
- Blast from the Past
- 12/14 – Best of Summer Camp
- 12/20 (a.m.) & 12/21 – Best Fishes and Happy Holidays
- Marine Explorers
- 1/11 –Marine Explorers
- 1/18 – Anchors Away
- 1/24 (a.m.) & 1/25 – Dive Into Mote
- So Happy Together
- 2/1 – Fish Frenzy
- 2/8 – Dolphin Pals
- 2/14 (a.m.) & 2/15 – I Love Fish
- 2/28 - The Otter Family
- 3/7 (a.m.) & 3/8 – Snazzy Shark Teeth
- 3/15 – Shark Gear
- 3/22 – Shark Senses
- 3/28 (a.m.) & 3/29 – Wide World of Sharks
- Ocean Motion
- 4/5 – Totally Tails
- 4/12 – Creepin’ & Crawlin’
- 4/18 (a.m.) & 4/19 – Cool Cruisers
- 4/26 – Driftin’ & Dartin’
- 5/3/18 – Swim Into Summer Party
- 5/10/18 – Mother’s Day Special
There are no refunds for Mote Education programs unless Mote cancels the program. If you provide notice of cancellation more than 24 hours before the program begins, we will credit your payment to a future program. If you cancel within 24 hours of the program or fail to show up without giving notice, you will be charged in full for the program.
Questions about Mommy and Me at Mote programs? Contact Miranda Herren: 941.388.4441, ext. 264, or email@example.com