Mommy & Me
Children and their favorite adults learn together through marine-themed crafts, games, songs, stories and role play and then enjoy a special guided visit to an exhibit in The Aquarium.
Ages: 2-5 with their favorite adults.
Days: Tuesdays, select Wednesdays and Thursdays each week from fall to spring.
Times: 10-11 a.m. (Tue, Wed, Thu mornings) and 1:30 - 2:30 p.m. (Thursday pm only). Classes meet at the Whale Fountain at the entrance to The Aquarium 10 minutes before classes begin — 9:50 a.m. and 1:20 p.m.
Note: Afternoon classes are offered ONLY on Thursdays.
Cost and Registration:
- One class: $14 for Mote members ($5 for each additional child); $18 for non-members ($6 for each additional child).
- One Full Session (4 classes): 10% discount applied to registered classes.
- Full Fall Season: (All 13 classes): 15% discount applied to registered classes.
- Click here to register (Pre-Registration Required)
- 2017 Registration Form
Tuesday Classes: Exploring the Bay
Kids and adults explore coastal habitats of Sarasota Bay by wading in the water and collecting marine animals with dip nets. Tuesday classes depend on good weather. Participants must wear closed-toed, closed-heel water shoes. Activities in Tuesday classes repeat every week, but the animals we find will provide an element of surprise!
Class Dates: March 14, March 21, March 28, April 4, April 11, April 18, April 25, May 2
Thursday (& select Wednesdays) Class Sessions & Dates
Session 1: We Are Family
- Arachnid In-Laws – January 11, 2017 & January 12, 2017
- Close Cousins – January 19, 2017
- Uncle Octopus & Aunt Oyster – January 25, 2017 & January 26, 2017
- Caring Corals – February 2, 2017
Session 2: So Happy Together
- Plankton Pals – February 8 & February 9, 2017
- Sea Me Read “Clumsy Crab” – February 23, 2017
Session 3: At Home in the Ocean
- At Home in Holes – March 2, 2017
- Shell Sweet Shell – March 15 & March 16, 2017
- Surfin’ at the Surface – March 22 & March 23, 2017
- Sea Me Read “Smiley Shark” – March 30, 2017
Session 4: Shark-a-palooza
- Sense-ational Sharks – April 6, 2017
- Shark Gear – April 12 & April 13, 2017
- Wide Works of Sharks – April 20, 2017
- Shark vs. Gator - April 27, 2017
Swim Into Summer Special – May 3 & May 4, 2017
There are no refunds for Mote Education programs unless Mote cancels the program. If you provide notice of cancellation more than 24 hours before the program begins, we will credit your payment to a future program. If you cancel within 24 hours of the program or fail to show up without giving notice, you will be charged in full for the program.
Questions about Mommy and Me at Mote programs? Contact Miranda Wrobel: 941.388.4441, ext. 264, or email@example.com