Students at schools with Mote Partnerships visit us several times during each school year for a full day of marine science educational activities. Our educators work closely with teachers and administrators at these schools to develop lesson plans that complement classroom curricula and meet the Sunshine State Standards in science education.
Partnership Programs Goals
- Educate students about the positive and negative ways that human activities impact the ocean environment.
- Provide students with hands-on marine science research experiences, including data collection and analysis.
- Foster critical thinking, problem-solving and teamwork.
- Increase awareness of science taking place in the real-life setting of Mote Marine Laboratory — a world-renowned research organization.
- Create opportunities for interdisciplinary teaching that allows educators to work together as a team.
- Develop a model for future partnership projects between Mote and the community.
Current Partnership Schools
- Out of Door Academy (Sarasota County).
- Imagine School at Palmer Ranch (Sarasota County).
Questions About Setting Up a Partnership with Your School?
Contact our Brad Tanner, School Programs Coordinator, at 941.388.4441, ext. 351, or firstname.lastname@example.org.