Join us for Mote Spring Break 2021, March 13th - 28th
Celebrate Spring Break with hands-on, feet-in, marine science experiences every day of the week! Sign up for one program or make a day of it and enjoy them all! These are family-friendly programs, each pass designed for one paid child participant and their free adult chaperone. Please see details below before making your purchase. Space is very limited for each program, so purchase your event tickets today!
Bring your sleuthing cap as we work together to solve some fishy ocean mysteries. One of our fin-tastic educators will lead participants through a hands-on problem solving challenge where SCIENCE is the key to finding the answer!
- Hands-on STEM program
- 10:30 - 11:30 a.m.
Splash into Sarasota Bay for some outdoor science time! Participants will use dip nets to collect live specimens in the nearshore seagrass beds, learn what kinds of cool creatures call the Bay home, and discuss some of the ways scientists study this diverse habitat.
- Water-based, field sampling program
- Guests will wade in water up to waist deep
- Closed toe, water shoes required
- We highly recommend sun protection (sunglasses, hat, long sleeved sun shirt, sunscreen etc.) and a reusable water bottle
- 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
Put on your adventure hat and come along as we explore a mangrove forest, use science tools to test water quality and complete a seashore scavenger hunt with one of the best views in Sarasota!
- Guided nature tour program
- We highly recommend sun protection (sunglasses, hat, sunscreen etc.) and a reusable water bottle
- 1:30 - 2:30 p.m.
Price: $13.50 member child, $15 non-member child PER program selection*, aquarium admission NOT included
*One adult chaperone is required and included with each youth participant. For multiple sibling families, at least one chaperone is required for every four children.
- Masks are required (no exceptions)
- This is a family event, NOT a drop-off program
- Recommended for ages 5 - 12
- One adult chaperone is required for every 4 children
- Due to space limitations, only one adult chaperone is allowed per paid child and additional (younger or older) siblings will not be permitted to attend the program; please make sure you purchase one program pass for each participating child in your family
- Guests will sanitize before and after activities and all tools/supplies will be sanitized between programs
- Aquarium admission is not included in Spring into Science programs
NOTE: Due to the popularity of these dates, it is highly recommended that you purchase admission tickets in advance should you wish to visit the Aquarium before/after your program(s). Please note the start and end times of the program(s) you plan to attend before making your timed aquarium admission ticket purchase.
Aquarium ticket sales also available via the button above. General Aquarium visitor information: mote.org/visit.
Would you prefer a private Spring Break experience just for your family? Check out our daily Choose Your Adventure programs.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.