'Seas' the Summer with Miss Dana
Put a STEAM twist on your summer fun with Mote! Join Miss Dana, creator of Mote’s popular homeschool programs, each week this summer to learn about ocean animals as we explore the Sarasota Bay or get ArtSEA making upcycled crafts while learning how to protect the ocean.
Whether you want your fins in the water or prefer sharks and crafts, we will ‘seas’ the summer!
When: Wednesdays, June 16 - August 4, 1:30 - 3:00 p.m. (pre-registration required)
Who: Ages 6-14, accompanied with a parent/guardian
Fee: $22.50 members, $25 for non-members; fee is per child with one free required parent/guardian
Click “Register Now” for additional details on each program.
Sarasota Bay Field Explorations
- June 16 Home Sweet Habitat: Meet the Residents of Sarasota Bay
- June 30 The Weird World of Marine Invertebrates
- July 14 Fintastic Fish
- July 28 Sarasota Bay Snowbirds: Animal Migration in Florida
ArtSEA Upcycled Craft Workshops
- June 23 Coral Reef Dioramas
- July 7 Wearable Squid Tentacles (& More!)
- July 21 Build your Dream Aquarium Model
- Aug 4 Mangrove Masterpiece Painting Class
Due to health and safety restrictions, only one adult chaperone is allowed per paid child and additional (younger or older) siblings or other family members will not be permitted to attend the program; please make sure you complete registration for each participating child in your family.
Admission to Mote Aquarium is NOT included with this program. Please visit mote.org/visit for information and to reserve tickets.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.