The 7th annual Bacchus on the Beach Stone Crab Celebration & Winemaker Auction will take place at The Resort at Longboat Key Club November 10, 2017, starting at 5:30 pm. Renowned for bringing some of the most prestigious winemakers and producers to the beautiful beach-setting on Longboat Key, guests have the option to attend one of the specialty wine dinners on November 9th, or the wine blending seminar, beachside wine-tasting and auction on November 10th, or go “all-in” and attend all three.
A portion of this year’s proceeds will benefit Mote Marine Laboratory’s coral restoration initiative collaboration programs in the Florida Keys with Combat Wounded Veteran Challenge and SCUBAnauts International. Since 2012, Mote has set aside an area in their coral restoration site to honor American servicemen and women who suffer from life-altering, combat inflicted wounds called Hero Reef. Working alongside Mote scientists these programs offer rehabilitative, educational and support opportunities for the participants.
“We are looking forward to another memorable Bacchus on the Beach,” shared Dr. Michael P. Crosby, President and CEO of Mote Marine Laboratory. “Mote’s partnership with the Resort at Longboat Key Club and events like this one are a key to continuing Mote’s mission. We are extremely grateful for the continued community support of our work with Combat Wounded Veteran Challenge and SCUBAnauts International.”
Tickets are available for purchase by calling (941) 387-1662, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Pricing for the wine dinners is $160 per person, $50 per person for the wine blending seminar and $175 per person for the Bacchus on the Beach Stone Crab & Wine Auction. For more information visit this link and follow us, #BacchusOnLongboat.
Thank you to Media Sponsors: The Observer Media Group and Scene Magazine.
Bacchus on the Beach, Wine Dinners
- Thursday, November 09, 2017
- Somm-Jam Dinner
- North Beach, 5:30 Reception, 6:00 pm Dinner
- Featuring Michael Jordan, Master Sommelier
- Breganze Harvest: Maculan Winemakers of Breganze
- Portofino Restaurant, 7:30 pm Reception, 8:00 pm Dinner
- Featuring Angela Maculan, Winemaker
Bacchus on the Beach, Wine Blending Seminar
- Friday, November 10, 2017
- Wine Blending Seminar
- Under the Oaks at Island House, 2:00 pm
- Featuring the wines of Freemark Abbey and Michael Jordan, Master Sommelier
“Bacchus on the Beach” Stone Crab Celebration & Winemaker Auction
- Friday, November 10, 2017
- Beach Festival Tent • 5:30 pm
The 7th annual Bacchus on the Beach Stone Crab Celebration & Wine Auction will be better than ever with over 100 selections from our featured wineries, winemakers and producers. Enjoy the ambiance of the evening along the Gulf of Mexico as you participate in the Grand Tasting, stone crab and delectable offerings prepared by the chefs of Longboat Key Club, dance in the sand and aim high at the live auction for rare vintages, unique travel packages and outdoor adventures, to benefit Mote Marine Laboratory & Aquarium. A party with a purpose!
Live Auction Packages
- Exclusive Behind the Scenes Tour of Mote Marine Laboratory
- Mote Summer Camp Packages
- Mote Marine Aquarium & Laboratory Memberships
- Select, boutique wines signed by the vintners
- Exclusive winery tours and travel packages