Artists hailing from as far away as the Philippines will compete in the 5th annual Siesta Key Crystal Classic Master Sand Sculpting Competition presented by Margaritaville on Nov. 14-18. Twelve teams of two will sculpt for four days, creating elaborate sculptures 8 to 10 feet tall as they vie for $15,000 in prize money.
The 12 master teams are:
- Craig Mutch, Canada & Bill Dow, Montana
- Karen Fralich, Canada & Dan Belcher, Missouri
- Bruce Phillips, California & Benjamin Probanza, United Kingdom
- John Gowdy, Italy & Jan Zelinka, Czech Republic
- Abe Waterman, Canada & Morgan Rudluff, California
- Steve Topazio, Rhode Island & Ron MacDonald, Florida
- Matt Long, New York & Andy Gertler, New York
- Fegus Mulvany, Mexico & Delayne Corbett, Canada
- JOO Heng Tan, Philippines & Sue McGrew, Washington
- Kirk Rademaker, California & Jeff Strong, Washington
- Greg Grady, New Hampshire & Melineige Beauregard, Canada
- Christy McDonald Atkinson, Texas & Walter McDonald, Texas
Master Sand Sculptor and a Crystal Classic Founder, Brian Wigelsworth of Sarasota, will be the Event Sand Manager again this year.
The Siesta Key Crystal Classic Master Sand Sculpting Competition is now offering ticket sales along with sponsorship and donation opportunities at: www.siestakeycrystalclassic.com.
Sponsors receive high visibility before and during the event and the opportunity to participate in a community celebration while visibly supporting the cultural arts and our beautiful Siesta Beach.
Proceeds will benefit Mote Marine Laboratory's sea turtle research and conservation programs.
Visit www.siestakeycrystalclassic.com to purchase:
- Five-day admission for $15
- Five-day parking pass for $49
- Five-day VIP pass for $69
- Sponsorship packages starting at $100
- Donations of any amount are welcome.
- For more information about Crystal Classic vendor village or to donate, visit www.siestakeycrystalclassic.com or contact Chastanna Niemann at the Siesta Key Chamber of Commerce at 941-349-3800.
- For sponsorship information only, contact Cheryl Gaddie at firstname.lastname@example.org.