Mote Marine Laboratory & Aquarium is seeking a creative, hard-working and organized intern at college-level or higher to assist the Graphic Designer.
- Assisting with layout and design of publications (ie: Mote Magazine), event materials, collateral materials, social media graphics, advertisements, website graphics and more.
- Assisting Graphic Designer with tasks such as proofing layouts, preparing files for print, sharing graphics with other staff etc.
- Spearheading one or more Special Projects (examples: designing a set of infographics, re-branding an event, designing a concept for an exhibit etc.)
- An up-to-date portfolio that demonstrates current skill level
- Ability to apply design fundamentals such as hierarchy, color theory and typography to all work
- Experienced in Adobe Creative Cloud applications, primarily Illustrator & InDesign
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop & Lightroom is a plus
- Familiar with Mac computers and Google tools (ie: Google Docs)
- Ability to adhere to Mote’s brand guidelines
- Creative thinking
- Professional attitude
- Great attention to detail
- Capable of working in a fast pace environment
- Capable of working individually or collaborating with other staff/departments
- Willing to adhere to established organization & protocols
- Ability to accept direction from supervisors and peers
- Willing to learn new tools and techniques
- Familiarity with AP style is a plus
- Experience with traditional art (drawing & illustration) is a plus
- Experience with 3D design, animation, and/or other design fields is a plus
- Grow your portfolio
- Learn new tools and techniques
- Opportunity for your work to be published digitally and/or in print
- Gain experience working with a communications and creative team
- Opportunities to go out in the field and/or spend time in our Aquarium
- Opportunity to experience the important practical responsibilities of a graphic designer, such as preparing files for print, working with third party vendors, and installing exhibits.