Becoming a Mote Member is one way to help our oceans.
Members support marine research, the animals that live in Mote Aquarium and public outreach programs about the marine world. Your Mote Membership is 100% tax-deductible!
Become a Mote Member Now — Click here.
Renew your Mote membership — Click here.
Download our Mote Member Reciprocal Benefits — Click here.
Mote Membership Levels
Please review the list below or click here for a downloadable PDF of the updates.
||Unlimited free visits to Mote Aquarium for the individual cardholder for one year. (Total of one.*)
||Unlimited free visits for the cardholder and one guest to Mote Aquarium for one year. (Total of two.*)
||Unlimited free visits for the cardholder and up to three guests to Mote Aquarium for one year. (Total of four.*)
||Unlimited free visits for the cardholder and up to three guests to Mote Aquarium for two years. (Total of four.*)
||Unlimited free visits for the cardholder and up to five guests to Mote Aquarium for one year. (Total of six.*)
||Unlimited free visits for the cardholder and up to five guests to Mote Aquarium for two years. (Total of six.*)
||Unlimited free visits for cardholder and up to seven guests to Mote Aquarium for one year. (Total of eight.*)
||Unlimited free visits for cardholder and up to nine guests to Mote Aquarium for one year. (Total of 10.*)
||Unlimited free visits for cardholder and up to eleven guests to Mote Aquarium for one year. (Total of 12.*)
*Please Note: The adult member named on the card must be present at admission for the membership to be valid. Please be prepared to show photo ID.
As a Mote Member, you'll get an insider's view of our research, have unlimited access to our visitor-friendly Aquarium, receive special educational opportunities and get regular updates about Mote science.
- Admission with your guests to The Aquarium at Mote for one year.
- Reciprocal benefits granting Mote members discounted admission to more than 100 zoos, aquariums and gardens across the country and in Canada and Mexico. Download our Reciprocal List here.
- Discounts on most purchases at Mote Aquarium gift shops, on education programs (including summer camps and family programs), on children's birthday parties, Breakfast at Mote for adults and on the Sarasota Bay Explorer boat cruise.
- Special Members' rates for the annual Special Lecture Series. The Special Lecture Series is an evening lecture series featuring renowned scientists and experts speaking on many fascinating marine-related topics. Lectures are normally scheduled between January and March.
- Subscription to Mote publications: Mote E-News (a monthly e-mail newsletter of Mote happenings) and Mote Magazine (a printed publication covering the stories of Mote's sea science research).
- Early registration for Mote Summer Camps (for "Seahorse Herd" membership levels and above).
- Your Mote Membership is 100% tax-deductible.
Give the Gift of Mote Membership
A Gift Membership is the perfect way for you to share your love of Mote Marine Laboratory and Aquarium with friends and family who have the same sea-worthy interests.
Please call 941-388-4441 ext. 373 to purchase a gift membership
Member Reciprocal Benefits
Mote Marine Laboratory and Aquarium has reciprocal agreements with more than 100 zoos, aquariums and museums nationwide and in Canada and Mexico. These agreements allow Mote Members free or discounted admission to other facilities.
Downloadable our Reciprocal List - PDF
Tips for Using Your Benefits
- During the year, there may be changes to the list of participating organizations. It is suggested that you call the institution BEFORE visiting to confirm their participation in reciprocation. Please consult our website list for the most updated information.
- The number of visitors admitted with your Mote Membership may vary depending on the organization.
- Please make sure you have a current membership card with you when you visit other organizations.
- Please be prepared to show your photo ID when you arrive at your destination. It is your responsibility to make sure you have your membership card and ID with you to present at partner organizations.
- Mote Membership replacement cards can be obtained by contacting the Mote Membership Office at (941) 388-4441, ext. 392. Unfortunately, it can take up to two weeks for Mote to produce and mail replacement cards, so please keep this in mind when making plans to visit Mote's reciprocal partners. Click here to order a replacement card online now. Click here to renew your membership. Not yet a member? Join now!
- Reciprocal benefits apply only to general admission. Special events, parking, rides and other admission charges are generally not included in the program.
- The Most Important Tip: We do our best to keep our reciprocal list as accurate as possible. If you visit an organization on our list as a Reciprocal partner and you are not offered the indicated benefit after you have provided your current Mote Membership card and photo ID, then please ask to speak to the guest services manager on duty for further assistance. If you experience any difficulties at our partner institutions, please let our Membership Office know so that we can correct any errors.