Becoming a Mote Member is one way to help our oceans.
Members support marine research, the animals that live in Mote Aquarium and public outreach programs about the marine world. Your Mote Membership is 100% tax-deductible!
Become a Mote Member now — Click here.
Renew your Mote Membership — Click here.
Download our Mote Member reciprocal benefits — Click here.
Mote Membership Levels
*Please note: The adult member named on the card must be present at admission for the membership to be valid. Please be prepared to show photo ID. Lost your card? Click here for a replacement.
||Unlimited free visits to Mote Aquarium for the individual cardholder for one year. (Total of one*)
||Unlimited free visits for the cardholder and one guest to Mote Aquarium for one year. (Total of two*)
||Unlimited free visits for the cardholder and up to three guests to Mote Aquarium for one year. (Total of four*)
||Unlimited free visits for the cardholder and up to three guests to Mote Aquarium for two years. (Total of four*)
||Unlimited free visits for the cardholder and up to five guests to Mote Aquarium for one year. (Total of six*)
||Unlimited free visits for the cardholder and up to five guests to Mote Aquarium for two years. (Total of six*)
||Unlimited free visits for cardholder and up to seven guests to Mote Aquarium for one year. (Total of eight*)
||Unlimited free visits for cardholder and up to nine guests to Mote Aquarium for one year. (Total of 10*)
||Unlimited free visits for cardholder and up to 11 guests to Mote Aquarium for one year. (Total of 12*)
Give the Gift of Mote Membership
A Gift Membership is the perfect way for you to share your love of Mote Marine Laboratory & Aquarium with friends and family who have the same sea-worthy interests.
Please call 941-388-4441 ext. 373 to purchase a gift membership.
As a Mote Member, you'll get an insider's view of our research, have unlimited access to our visitor-friendly Aquarium, receive special educational opportunities and get regular updates about Mote science.
- Admission with your guests to Mote Aquarium for one year.
- Reciprocal benefits granting Mote Members discounted admission to more than 100 zoos, aquariums and gardens across the country and in Canada and Mexico. Download our reciprocal list here.
- Exclusive special events for Mote Members during Member Appreciation Month every September.
- Discounts on most purchases at Mote Aquarium gift shops, on education programs (including summer camps and family programs), on children's birthday parties, Breakfast at Mote for adults and on the Sarasota Bay Explorers boat cruise.
- Complimentary admission to the annual Special Lecture Series. The Special Lecture Series is an evening lecture series featuring renowned scientists and experts speaking on many fascinating marine-related topics. Lectures are normally scheduled between March and April.
- Subscription to Mote publications: Mote E-News (a monthly e-mail newsletter of Mote happenings) and Mote Magazine (a printed publication covering the stories of Mote's sea science research).
- Early registration for Mote summer camps.
- Your Mote Membership is 100% tax-deductible!
Member Reciprocal Benefits
Mote Marine Laboratory & Aquarium has reciprocal agreements with more than 100 zoos, aquariums and museums nationwide and in Canada and Mexico. These agreements allow Mote Members free or discounted admission to other facilities.
Download our reciprocal list here.
Tips for Using Your Reciprocal Benefits
- During the year, there may be changes to the list of participating organizations. It is recommended that you call the institution BEFORE visiting to confirm their participation in reciprocation.
- The number of visitors admitted with your Mote Membership may vary depending on the organization.
- Please be prepared to show your photo ID when you arrive at your destination. It is your responsibility to make sure you have your membership card and ID with you to present at partner organizations.
- Reciprocal benefits apply only to general admission. Special events, parking, rides and other admission charges are generally not included in the program.
- We do our best to keep our reciprocal list as accurate as possible. If you visit an organization on our list as a reciprocal partner and you are not offered the indicated benefit after you have provided your current Mote Membership card and photo ID, then please ask to speak to the guest services manager on duty for further assistance. If you experience any difficulties at our partner institutions, please let our Membership office know so that we can correct any errors.