Mote Marine Laboratory offers a competitive high school volunteer program for those students who are interested in marine science and education. Students selected will have the opportunity to earn service hour credit required for high school graduation. The students will serve as Aquarium Guides and interpret exhibits to guests. Training will be provided.
- The SHSVP is for current high school students or students who will enter high school in the following school year.
- High School graduates and high school students who will graduate before July, are ineligible for the SHSVP, but may apply as a regular volunteer if they are able to serve for at least 6 months.
- SHSVP volunteers will attend a one-day orientation prior to volunteering.
- SHSVP volunteers must have transportation to and from Mote Marine Laboratory campus on Ken Thompson Parkway over the course of the program.
- SHSVP volunteers must commit a minimum of eight weeks to the program through at least one 4-hour shift as an Aquarium Guide per week over the course of the program.
- Volunteers will be selected based on application, interview, and availability.
For questions, contact Mote's Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.