Mote Marine Laboratory offers a competitive high school volunteer program for those students who are interested in marine science and education. Students selected will have the opportunity to earn service hour credit required for high school graduation. These opportunities may include but are not limited to interpreting exhibits to guests, as well as working in the lobby or gift shop. Training will be provided for all positions.
The deadline for the 2019 Summer High School Volunteer Program has passed. Applications for the 2020 program will go online on February 15, 2020.
- The SHSVP is for current and entering high school students who are at least 15 years old and entering grades 9-12.
- High School graduates and high school students who will graduate before July, are ineligible for the SHSVP, but may apply as a regular volunteer if they are able to serve for at least 6 months.
- SHSVP volunteers will attend a one-day orientation prior to volunteering.
- SHSVP volunteers must have transportation to and from Mote Marine Laboratory's campus on Ken Thompson Pkwy over the course of the program.
- SHSVP volunteers must commit a minimum of eight weeks to the program through at least one 4-hour shift as an Aquarium guide per week over the course of the program.
Volunteers will be selected based on application, interview, and availability.
For questions, contact Mote's Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.