Endless Oceans: Conservation in the Community (Virtual)
Designed to give lifelong learners the opportunity to discover and explore the Gulf Coast's vibrant community of environmental conservation organizations, each class will feature Mote research and guest experts from any one of nine local organizations working to promote environmental conservation. Students will complete a semester-long project on an environmental topic of their choosing.
Ages: Adults - 18 years and older
Time: Thursday evenings, 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. from February 4th – March 25th, 2021
Format: Synchronous via Zoom teleconference
- In-State (Virtual + Field Trip Experiences): Members - $247.50; Non-Members - $275
- Out-of-State (Virtual, no Field Trips): Members - $173.25; Non-Members - $192.50
Please Note: This course is available for the full semester only.
Conservation in the Community Course Topics
- “Land Conservation and Its Impacts on Marine Habitats” with the Gulf Coast Conservation Foundation
- “A History of Science & Stewardship” with Historic Spanish Point
- “Feeding the World: Aquaculture & the Scourge of Food Waste” with Sunshine Community Compost and Transition Sarasota
- “Seabirds in Study” with the Sarasota Audubon Society
- “Environmental Health & Sustainability in Sarasota” with the City of Sarasota Department of Sustainability
- “The Importance of Estuaries” with the Sarasota Bay Estuary Program
- Class Wrap-Up & Project Presentations
Field Trips (“In-state” students)
- Bird-watching Excursion, North Lido Park
- “From the Field: An Excursion to Myakka State Park”
- Field Sampling with Mote
Endless Oceans: Marine Science 101 (Online)
Curious about our oceans? Do you view learning as a lifelong pursuit? We welcome you to explore the world of marine science through this self-paced, adult education course. Endless Oceans: Marine Science 101 Online is the full semester of coursework from our popular lifelong learning program, now available no matter your schedule or location.
Learning is a lifelong endeavor, continue your journey with Mote Marine Laboratory!
Format: Online, pre-recorded, self-paced
Fee: $162 for members, $180 for non-members
Please Note: The course fee includes access to all 9 class segments for the full semester course. Once enrolled, students will have 6 months to complete the online lessons and will receive a Mote Certificate of Completion for Marine Science 101.
MARINE SCIENCE 101 CLASSES:
- Introduction to Marine Science
- Florida Coastal Habitats
- Florida Marine Invertebrates
- Sea Turtle Ecology
- Florida Marine Mammals
- Florida Sharks & Rays
- Florida Fish Ecology
- Red Tide and Environmental Health
- Coral Reefs and Ocean Acidification
Give the gift of knowledge!
You may purchase registration for this course as a gift. Please note we will send the Classroom invite to the gift recipient’s email (provided in the registration form) within 2 business days of purchase.
Email email@example.com with any questions.
There are no refunds given for Mote Education's Endless Oceans Online program. Program fees will not be credited/refunded due to technical issues on the participant’s end. Mote reserves the right to update or modify any program elements as necessary. Modification of a program element by Mote does not constitute grounds for a refund.