Curious about our oceans? Interested in expanding your knowledge while also expanding your network? We welcome you to explore the world of marine science through this engaging series of virtual classes hosted by Mote education professionals. This course features experts discussing their research, virtual tours and active learning components. Learning is a lifelong endeavor, continue your journey with Mote Marine Laboratory.
Full Semester (10 Classes)
- $225 for members & volunteers, $275 for non-members
- Mote Certificate of Completion for Marine Science 101
- Endless Oceans: Mote Lifelong Learning collectible pin
- $30 for members & volunteers, $35 for non-members
Dates: Mondays, September 13 - November 15
Times: 9:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
* In light of the current surge in COVID cases in our area, we have decided to shift the course to a virtual format. The content, speakers, and behind the scenes components will stay the same, but the weekly classes will take place via a secure Zoom meeting. We will still meet in person for the field component at the end of the course. We had a very successful virtual course last semester and had the added bonus of meeting lifelong learners from around the country who were able to join via the virtual platform.
Each class will offer an optional “Active Learning” component from 12 p.m. to 12:30 p.m. where participants will participate in hands-on learning activities related to the day’s topic.
- Intro to Marine Science - September 13, 2021 (full semester participants only)
- Florida Coastal Habitats - September 20, 2021
- Florida Marine Invertebrates - September 27, 2021
- Florida Sea Turtles - October 4, 2021
- Florida Marine Mammals - October 11, 2021
- Florida Sharks & Rays - October 18, 2021
- Florida Fish Ecology - October 25, 2021
- Red Tide & Environmental Health - November 1, 2021
- Coral Reefs & Ocean Acidification - November 8, 2021
- Field Explorations - November 15, 2021 (*in-person class + field experience)
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 941-388-2904 with any questions.
There are no refunds given for Mote Education's Endless Oceans program. Please see full policy included in your registration confirmation email. Mote reserves the right to update or modify any program elements as necessary. Modification of a program element by Mote does not constitute grounds for a refund.