Do sharks sleep? What does a manatee dream about? Find out on a Sea Snooze at Mote Marine Laboratory and Aquarium! Learn about our resident animals and Mote research through scavenger hunts, games and crafts all led by an Education Specialist. Then dive into your sleeping bag in our indoor galleries alongside fish, crabs, corals and more! All sea snoozes include dinner, late night snack and continental breakfast.
Who participates in our Sea Snoozes? (ages 7-14)
- Boy Scouts
- Girl Scouts
- School Groups
- Community Organizations
Click here to download our “Leader Guide to a Great Sea Snooze”
- Saturday February 1, 2020
- “Ocean of Love”: How can some animals work together so well? Do seahorses mate for life? Find out the answers to these questions and more during this theme, all about relationships in the ocean!
- Saturday March 27, 2020
- “Science Never Sleeps”: Ever wanted to be a marine biologist? Join us this month and learn some of the tools of the trade!
- Saturday April 10, 2020
- “Spring into Action”: Our oceans need our help and thankfully there are lots of ways to get involved! Experience marine conservation in action and learn how we can help protect some of our resident animals’ wild counterparts.
- Saturday May 22, 2020
- “Swim into Summer”: Do marine animals take vacations? How can they travel such long distances? During this theme, we’ll investigate those questions and learn all about the seasonal behaviors of marine animals.
Times: Arrive at 6:30 p.m. and depart 8:30 a.m.
Chaperones: 1 adult chaperone per 5 children REQUIRED and admitted free, additional chaperones $15
Deposit: A 20% non-refundable deposit will be billed at time of booking to hold your spot
Additional Details: Mote Memberships are not valid for Sea Snooze Overnights; a minimum of 15 participants is required, maximum of 50 participants. Multiple groups may reserve the same date until our minimums and maximums have been met. Please note that our overnights do not include: access to behind the scenes areas, animal interactions (aside from touch tanks) or access to the gift shop.
Contact: Questions regarding our overnight programs? Email email@example.com or call 941.388.4441 ext. 515
There are no refunds for Mote Education programs unless Mote cancels the program. If you provide notice of cancellation 2 weeks prior to the program date we will credit your payment to a future SeaSnooze with Mote program. If you cancel within 2 weeks of the program without a replacement or fail to show up without giving notice, you will be charged in full for the program.