Uncover the mystery of who lives in an estuary during this hour long, water based program. Join a Mote education staff member with your family or friends to learn about what makes estuaries such an important Florida habitat, then wade into the water with dip nets to study the biodiversity of Sarasota Bay. The animals we see will be a surprise each time! Pre-registration is required.
- This program takes place in Sarasota Bay, find out what to wear and bring HERE
Who can participate:
- Children aged 6-17 with accompanying adult(s)
- 1 adult per 4 children is REQUIRED
- Children 6-17 years old: $8 for Mote members, $10 for non-members
- Accompanying adults (18 and over): $16 for Mote members, $20 for non-members
- Includes admission to Mote Aquarium and Goldstein Marine Mammal Center
- Sunday, December 1 from 1:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- Sunday, December 29 from 1:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
You will be met promptly at the whale fountain at the front of Mote Aquarium at 1:15 p.m. We may not be able to accommodate late arrivals.
Questions? Contact Kiley Gray: firstname.lastname@example.org or 941-388-4441 ext 515.
Weather and Cancellation Policy
To ensure the safety of our participants, estuary explorations may be canceled in cases of inclement weather or other environmental factors. Participants will be notified of cancellations by 5PM the evening before the program. Please read your confirmation email in full for more details.
There are no refunds granted for Mote education programs unless Mote cancels the program.