Mote Marine Laboratory is pleased to announce its 8th annual Ocean Fest taking place Saturday, April 14, 2018 from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. at Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary's Eco-Discovery Center and newly remodeled Truman Waterfront.
Underwater and outdoor enthusiasts, eco-travelers and families are encouraged to celebrate the marine environment as we explore conservation exhibits, view and purchase wares from local artists and vendors, experience touch tanks, and listen to live music all while raising funds for coral reef research and restoration.
The family-friendly event will showcase:
- Children’s painting with renowned marine artist Wyland from 1 – 3 p.m.
- Children’s Fishing Clinics – Hosted by Boy Scouts of America, Florida National High Adventure Sea Base; the first 100 registrants receive a free rod & reel sponsored by Coastal Conservation Association Florida
- Beverages from Islamorada Beer Company & Hemingway Rum, makers of Papa’s Pilar
- Live Music featuring Howard Livingston and the MM24 Band, Gerd Rube, Emily Springsteen
- Live Radio Broadcasting from Pirate Radio
- Face painting, rock climbing, bounce house and slide
- Free bucket rides by Keys Energy Services
- Raffles & live painting with auction by Wyland
The event is presented by Mote Marine Laboratory and is made possible by the Keys community including sponsors Protect Our Reefs, Publix Super Markets Charities, Monroe County Tourist Development Council, NOAA Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary, Florida Department of State Division of Cultural Affairs, Five Star Claims Adjusting, Margaritaville Resort & Marina, Galleon Resort & Marina.
For more information, or to register as a vendor or exhibitor, please visit www.moteoceanfest.org.