- About Mote
- General Laboratory Information (organizational chart, Mote locations, financial statements: 990s and audits)
- Beyond 2020: Vision & Strategic Plan
- 2022 Annual Report
- Sign up for Mote's email newsletter, Mote Insider
We are scientists, explorers and stewards of the ocean. Focused on research and education, we work to create a better environment for ourselves and our children. The answers are in the ocean. Together, we will find them.
We are an independent, nonprofit marine research institution comprising world-class marine scientists committed to the belief that the conservation and sustainable use of our oceans begins with research and education.
From our humble beginnings in a tiny, one-room laboratory in a small Florida town, our efforts have grown to include more than 20 diverse marine research programs.
Originally focused on sharks, our research has expanded to include studies of human cancer using marine models, the effects of human-made and natural toxic substances on humans and on the environment, the health of wild fisheries, developing sustainable and successful fish restocking techniques and food production technologies and the development of ocean technology to help us better understand the health of the environment.
Our research programs also focus on understanding the population dynamics of manatees, dolphins, sea turtles, sharks and coral reefs and on conservation and restoration efforts related to these species and ecosystems.
The ocean is our passion. Science is our catalyst to help the ocean heal, thrive and continue to be a haven of sustainable life, life-improving science and life-giving solutions.
- GENERAL LABORATORY INFORMATION
- Mote Marine Laboratory organizational chart
- Mote Marine Laboratory vital statistics
- Mote locations:
- Sarasota (City Island): 10.5-acre base campus of Mote Marine Laboratory & Aquarium
- Sarasota County: Mote Aquaculture Research Park
- Summerland Key: Mote's Elizabeth Moore International Center for Coral Reef Research & Restoration
- Key Largo: land-based coral nursery
- Islamorada: land-based coral nursery
- Islamorada: Public exhibit in Florida Keys History & Discovery Center
- Key West: Public exhibit in NOAA's Eco-Discovery Center
MML AUDITED FINANCIAL STATEMENTS WITH REPORTS TO THE BOARD: 2020 / 2019 / 2018 / 2017/ 2016/ 2015/ 2014/ 2013
MML 990: 2020 / 2019 / 2018 / 2017 / 2016 / 2015 / 2014 / 2013
BEYOND 2020: VISION AND STRATEGIC PLAN DOCUMENT VERSION 3.0
Download our Beyond 2020 Vision & Strategic Plan
2022 ANNUAL REPORTRead our 2022 annual report