After extensive preparation to enhance health-safety measures, Mote Aquarium is open to the public and ready to welcome small student/camper groups to visit! Please read the information regarding our new visitation guidelines in response to COVID-19 including the health measures and requirements that are being taken to ensure everyone is safe and comfortable. Registration info is listed below.
New Guidelines for School and Youth Community Group Reservations:
- We are closely monitoring numbers, time of entry, and moving groups through in a safe manner, so you MUST make a reservation before bringing your group to visit. You will NOT be allowed admission if you show up with a group without making prior reservations.
- Reservation times for arrival and departure must be adhered to. Please allow extra time to be sure your group arrives as close to your reservation time as possible. If you arrive more than 30 minutes outside of your reservation window, we may not be able to accommodate your group. Early arrivals will not be admitted before their scheduled arrival time. Please plan your arrival time accordingly when you register.
- Your reservation is not confirmed until you hear from an education staff member via phone or email.
Safety Requirements for Admission:
- Masks are required for all visitors over the age 5 and must be worn at all times while inside any of the Mote buildings and while in contact with any Mote staff, volunteers or interns (including outdoor spaces).
- All visiting groups are required to stay together and maintain a 6-foot distance from other guests.
When You Arrive:
- Upon arrival you will be met in front of the aquarium by an Education staff member and Mote volunteer.
- They will provide you and your students/campers with Aquarium information and help break you into smaller groups of up to 10 students. Each small group will need to be accompanied by 1 adult from your group and 1 Mote Volunteer. Groups will then rotate around the aquarium/exhibits in a safe and educational manner.
Before making a reservation request, please read our Health and Safety Policies and share with fellow group leaders and chaperones.
For more information on what we are doing to make your visit as safe as possible, please visit our Covid Updates Page.
Guided Aquarium Tours
Schools, camps, and other education groups are invited to take advantage of a special group rate. This is for admission to the Aquarium for a guided tour. Advanced registration of at least two weeks is required. Due to limited availability, we recommend placing your request as far in advance as possible. You will receive a confirmation email with your invoice once we have scheduled your group. You must use the registration form below to schedule your visit.
Group Size: 10 or more
Chaperones Required: One chaperone for every 10 students, required and admitted free. Teachers and staff are considered chaperones and are counted in the total chaperone count on field trip day. Additional chaperones are $17 each, and must be included on invoice.
Cost: $14 for students (Mote Memberships are not valid for school or camp visits including field trips and self-guided tours.)
Note: School and community groups are not permitted to participate in either the virtual reality (VR) cinema experience or Fossil Creek activities during their visit. Neither are included in the admission price nor are they equipped to serve groups.
Email email@example.com or call our School Programs Manager at 941-388-4441 ext. 351 for more information on our guided tours, virtual outreach programs, and more.
Bring Mote's research, animals, and exhibits to your learners using affordable, easy-to-use distance learning technology. Dive into our aquarium and chat with a shark trainer or explore the Florida Keys and make observations like a real scientist. Mote SEAtrek offers many STEM-ulating lessons to choose from. Find one for your class today and request a schedule that works for you: Mote SEAtrek.tv
Our professional educators offer several ways for your students to learn about marine environment, science and the scientific method. We proudly participate in EdExploreSRQ, a Sarasota County School District website that connects classrooms to community arts, science and cultural organizations.
Mote will respond to your request within 7-10 business days. Please do not consider your field trip booked until you receive written confirmation from Mote via e-mail. Your confirmation email contains important informatin regarding deposits, payment, and more. Please read in full, even if you've attended Mote field trips before, as some policies have been updated.
Due to the extensive time, facility coordination efforts and planning involved in our onsite programs, there are no refunds for Mote Education onsite group visits. If you provide notice of cancellation via email (to firstname.lastname@example.org) more than 24 hours before the program begins, we will credit your payment to a future program. You must email us your intent to cancel in order to reschedule your visit. If you cancel within 24 hours of the program or fail to show up without giving notice, you will be charged in full for the program. Groups who reschedule may be subject to a $25.00 processing fee. In the event Mote must cancel your visit, we will provide your group with a credit for the full amount paid and you may use that credit within 1 year for any onsite visit, outreach, or virtual program.
Field trips and self-guided tours run rain or shine. Please read your confirmation email and invoice in full for important details regarding your visit.