Homeschool Days and At Home With Mote
Join us this fall for fun-filled, ocean-themed learning experiences led by Mote's professional marine science educators. We are offering families both onsite and virtual programs, so you can join us here in Sarasota or from your home anywhere!
Changes for Fall 2020
- Your health and safety are our top priority. We have made some changes for Fall 2020 due to COVID-19. We appreciate all the support our Homeschool Families have given us over the past few months. Your kind words and support have meant so much to us! We've made every effort to be able to open our doors once again to as many of you as possible. Your patience and flexibility will allow us to move into this new phase and continue our Homeschool Day programs, both onsite and virtually.
- Due to COVID-19 related restrictions, we have lowered our class participant numbers and will unfortunately not be able to hold our Family Classes. We ask anyone who is unable to attend onsite to join us for our monthly virtual program. Details are listed below.
- All Fall 2020 onsite classes will be held outside with lower class sizes to accommodate social distancing. In the event of rain, we will hold class indoors in one of our larger education spaces. During indoor and outdoor programs, we will have designated tables and chairs, and other marks as needed to maintain social distancing. Participants, including chaperones/guardians, will be required to wear masks at all times while in Mote buildings and while interacting with Mote staff and volunteers (indoors or outside). Any surfaces and equipment used will be thoroughly sanitized before and after programs.
Please read the information below for our updated registration, admission, and cancellation policies. We recommend all families review our Health Guidelines before registering for onsite programs. Email email@example.com with any questions.
Mark your calendars! Registration opens at 10AM on the following dates for each month's ONSITE programs:
- 8/10/2020 - September Classes
- 9/7/2020 - October Classes
- 10/5/2020 - November Classes
- 11/2/2020 - December Classes
- All Virtual Classes are open for registration!
Important information for all participants:
- Please read and keep your confirmation email(s). They contain important information for the class or classes you’ll be attending including where to meet and what to bring for onsite programs, and how to connect with us for virtual programs.
- Waitlist: We will contact you via email if we have an opening in the class you are waitlisted for. You are not registered for a class until you have paid for it in full and received your confirmation email.
- Cancellation Policy: As of 8/1/2020, we have a new cancellation policy which you can view here. This policy applies to ALL Homeschool Day Programs. This policy is also detailed in the registration form and a copy of this policy will be included in your registration confirmation email for your reference.
ONSITE HOMESCHOOL DAYS
Join us each month during the school year for a fun-filled, ocean-themed learning experience led by Mote's professional marine science educators. Classes are divided into two age groups (6-9 and 10-14). One free chaperone per four children (participants ONLY allowed) is required per class.
Cost: $22.50 for Mote members; $25 for non-members
Registration: For all onsite classes, registration opens 30 days prior to first class date for the month, and closes 36 hours prior to class or when registration has reached max capacity, whichever comes first. Registration per participant is REQUIRED.
- Please read our Health and Safety Policies before registering for an onsite class.
- Check-in is at the front of the Aquarium unless otherwise noted.
- Water programs: For classes with a water portion (noted on schedule) students need to come prepared to get wet and be in the sun. Closed-toe water shoes are required.
Please Note: admission to the Aquarium is NOT included in your onsite Homeschool Day class registration. We are extending a discounted rate of $19 for adults and $16 for youth (ages 3-13) for those who attend our onsite Homeschool Day programs and wish to visit the Aquarium after.
AT HOME WITH MOTE
If you cannot make it to Mote, no worries, join us for our monthly, live Zoom webinars! These are secure, interactive and fun at-home versions of our Homeschool Days. Join us as we explore the wonders of the ocean from your kitchen table! Learn at home about a variety of magnificent marine life, ocean conservation issues, and marine science research. #AtHomeWithMote is intended for ages 6 through 14.
Registration: For all online classes, registration closes 24 hours prior to class or when registration has reached max capacity, whichever comes first. Registration is REQUIRED.
- Please review our Tech Check before registering for a virtual class.
Mote Homeschool Advanced Program 2020-2021 - ALL SPACES HAVE BEEN FILLED
Homeschooled students with a strong interest in marine science meet twice a month to:
- Collaborate to develop and implement marine science research projects
- Work on problem-solving, communication and collaboration skills through STEM based projects
- Get the inside scoop on the exciting research going on at Mote
- Meet with Mote’s professional researchers, trainers, biologists and educators
- Collaborate to develop and implement ocean conservation service projects
- Go behind the scenes of Mote Aquarium
- Get hands-on experience with Mote’s Education Animal Collection
- Increase ocean literacy and awareness through experiential learning
- Have opportunities for field trips and other unique Mote experiences
Your child’s safety is our main priority. To accommodate CDC recommendations, classes are shorter in length with fewer students this year and will consist of an onsite and virtual portion of the program each month. The onsite portion of this program is a drop-off, student-only program.
If you are interested in joining the Homeschool Advanced Program for Fall 2021, we strongly recommend attending in-person or virtual Homeschool Programs in during the 2020-21 season of programs (September 2020 through May 2021).