Join us for fun-filled, ocean-themed learning experiences led by Mote's professional marine science educators.
Onsite Homeschool Days
Registration for Fall 2023 is now open! Click the button below for class dates, descriptions, and to register today!
Meet us at Mote to explore exciting aspects of Mote Aquarium, Mote research and Sarasota Bay. Each month is a unique theme offered to three different age levels, 6-9, 10-14 and 6-14 to accommodate families with multiple ages. Select classes include a water portion, see class description during registration for details. Students should come prepared to get wet and be in the sun. Chaperones have the option to enter the water as well or observe from the shore. Prior to registering, please review our program policies linked below.
Important Notes: Price represents the student plus one chaperone per family (required). ONLY registered participants are allowed to attend Homeschool Days (no younger or older non-registered siblings). Admission to Mote Aquarium is NOT included with this program. Please visit mote.org/visit for information and to reserve tickets.
You may add your child(ren) to a waitlist for any Mote Homeschool program through the registration link. Should any openings come about, we will contact those on the waitlist on a first-come, first-served basis via email. You will be expected to confirm the transfer and pay your registration fee within 24 hours of notification. If we do not hear from you within that time, we will move to the next participant on the waitlist.
At Home With Mote
This fall, At Home will be teaming up with Mote's SEA Show to bring you fun, ocean-themed virtual content. Check back for details!
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Mote Homeschool Advanced Program (HSAP) 2023-24
Applications are closed for the 2023-24 season. Please check back in April for 2024-25 details.
Homeschooled students with a strong interest in marine science meet once a month to:
- Work on problem-solving, communication and collaboration skills through STEAM-based projects
- Increase ocean literacy and awareness through experiential learning
- Get the inside scoop on the exciting research going on at Mote
- Collaborate to develop and implement marine science research projects and ocean conservation service projects (specifically 12-16 class)
- Meet with Mote’s professional researchers, trainers, biologists and educators
- Go behind the scenes of Mote Aquarium
- Get hands-on experience with Mote’s Education Animal Ambassadors
- Have opportunities for field trips and other unique Mote experiences
This is a drop-off student only program.
For questions related to Mote Homeschool Programs, please email Dana Henderson, Public Programs Manager via email@example.com.