MOTE HOMESCHOOL SPRING OPEN HOUSE
Join us for a sneak peak of Mote's exciting homeschool opportunities. Students and their favorite chaperones will enjoy fun STEM and inquiry based activities, a scavenger hunt in Mote Aquarium and an exploration of Sarasota Bay. Pre-registration is required as space is limited.
When: Saturday, January 18th
Where: Mote Marine Laboratory and Aquarium
Who: Students ages 4-14 plus chaperones (younger siblings are welcome to attend free of charge)
Cost: $10 per student (one free chaperone required)
Please note admission to Mote Aquarium is not included in Homeschool Open House registration.
Join us each month during the school year for a fun-filled, ocean-themed learning experience led by Mote's professional marine science educators. Classes are divided into two age groups (6-9 and 10-14) or you may choose to attend the family class open to ages 6-14. Younger siblings may attend the family class only, free of charge. One free chaperone per four children (participants and younger siblings) is required per class. Additional chaperones are welcome to attend class free of charge but must purchase a ticket at the front desk to tour Mote Aquarium. Email email@example.com or call 941-388-4441 ext. 133 with any questions.
Times: 10:00-12:00 or NEW THIS YEAR 1:00-3:00 for the 6-9 or 10-14 class only
Cost: $20 for Mote members; $26 for non-members
Click here for the Spring 2020 Schedule
*Pre-registration by 4:00PM the day before class is required
Registration for Spring 2020 now open!
(only classes that still have spaces available will show; once a class reaches capacity, you will have the option to be added to the waitlist)
- Check-in is at the front of the Aquarium unless otherwise noted
- Water programs: For classes with a water portion (noted on schedule) students need to come prepared to get wet and be in the sun. Closed-toe water shoes are required
Please read and keep your confirmation email(s). These emails contain important information for the class or classes you’ll be attending including where to meet and what to bring.
Waitlist: We will contact you via email if we have an opening in the class you are waitlisted for. You are not registered for a class until you have paid for it in full and received your confirmation email. Thank you!
Cancellation Policy: There are no refunds for any Mote Education program unless we cancel the program. If you must withdraw your participation or change the number of students participating and you do so more than TWO WEEKS in advance, we will hold your credit for up to 6 months, to put toward a future Mote Education program (Homeschool Days, Spring Break, Winter Break or Summer Camps). Changes or cancellations within two weeks of the program and no-shows will be charged in full (exceptions made for illness when notice via email/phone is provided).
Mote Homeschool Advanced Program 2019-2020
Note: This is a drop-off student only program
Homeschooled students with a strong interest in marine science meet once a month to:
- Work in teams to develop and implement marine science research projects
- Work on problem-solving, communication and collaboration skills through STEM based projects
- Get the inside scoop on the exciting research going on at Mote
- Meet with Mote’s professional researchers, trainers, biologists and educators
- Work in teams to develop and implement ocean conservation service projects
- Go behind the scenes of Mote Aquarium
- Get hands-on experience with Mote’s Education Animal Collection
- Increase ocean literacy and awareness through experiential learning
- Have opportunities for field trips and other unique Mote experiences
The HSAP application deadline has passed. Please join us for Homeschool Days at Mote this coming year and apply for HSAP next spring!
For questions related to Mote Homeschool Programs, please email Dana Henderson, firstname.lastname@example.org.