HOMESCHOOL OPEN HOUSE @ MOTE
Is your family looking to add more marine science to your curriculum? Join us for a glimpse of what Mote has to offer. The day will consist of a visit to Mote Aquarium, STEM based activities and an exploration of Sarasota Bay.
Date: Saturday, February 3
Cost: $10 per student/chaperone pair
Where: Mote Marine Laboratory and Aquarium (Check-in in WAVE Cinema)
*Pre-registration is required
Click here for a printable flyer.
MOTE HOMESCHOOL DAYS
Join us each month during the school year for a fun-filled, ocean-themed learning experience led by Mote's professional marine science educators. Classes are divided into two age groups (6-9 and 10-14) or you may choose to attend the family class open to ages 6-14. Younger siblings may attend the family class only, free of charge. One free chaperone is required per class.
Cost: $20 for Mote members; $26 for non-members
Please click here for Spring 2018 Schedule
*Pre-registration is required
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER (only classes that still have spaces available will show)
- Check-in is in WAVE Cinema unless otherwise noted.
- Water programs: For classes with a water portion (noted on schedule) students need to come prepared to get wet and be in the sun. Closed-toe water shoes are required.
- Each class includes an hour lunch break in which you may utilize the park and picnic areas or purchase food at the Deep Sea Diner, New Pass Grille or The Salty Dog.
Please read and keep your confirmation email(s). This is the only communication you will receive regarding your class or classes. These emails contain important information for the class or classes you’ll be attending including where to meet and what to bring. Contact Dana Henderson at 941-388-4441 ext. 133 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about Mote's Homeschool Programs.
Mote Homeschool Advanced Program 2018-19
Note: This is a drop-off student only program
Homeschooled students with a strong interest in marine science meet once a month to:
- Work in teams to develop and conduct marine science research projects
- Work on problem-solving, communication and collaboration skills through STEM based projects
- Get the inside scoop on the exciting research going on at Mote
- Meet with Mote’s professional researchers, trainers, biologists and educators
- Work in teams to develop and implement service projects
- Go behind the scenes of Mote Aquarium
- Get hands-on experience with Mote’s Education Animal Collection
- Increase ocean literacy and awareness through experiential learning
- Have opportunities for field trips and other unique Mote experiences
- Have a blast!
Meetings run September 2018 through May 2019. Please check back here for dates and additional information, along with the application, in late Spring 2018.
Due to very limited space for this program, students will be required to fill out a short application.
Applications have closed for the 2017-2018 year.
Contact Dana Henderson at 941-388-4441 ext. 133 or email@example.com with any questions about Mote's Homeschool Programs.