MOTE HOMESCHOOL DAYS
Join us each month during the school year for a fun-filled, ocean-themed learning experience led by Mote's professional marine science educators. Classes are divided into two age groups (6-9 and 10-14) or you may choose to attend the family class open to ages 6-14. Younger siblings may attend the family class only, free of charge. One free chaperone is required per class.
Times: 10:00-12:30 Please note the change in times this year. This change is meant to streamline the program making a more impactful marine science experience.
Cost: $20 for Mote members; $26 for non-members
Click here for Spring 2019 Schedule
*Pre-registration by 4:00PM the day before class is required
- Check-in is in WAVE Cinema unless otherwise noted.
- Water programs: For classes with a water portion (noted on schedule) students need to come prepared to get wet and be in the sun. Closed-toe water shoes are required.
Please read and keep your confirmation email(s). These emails contain important information for the class or classes you’ll be attending including where to meet and what to bring.
Cancellation Policy: There are no refunds for any Mote Education program unless we cancel the program. If you must withdraw your participation or change the number of students participating and you do so more than TWO WEEKS in advance, we will hold your credit for up to 6 months, to put toward a future Mote Education program (Homeschool Days, Spring Break, Winter Break or Summer Camps). Changes or cancellations within two weeks of the program and no-shows will be charged in full (exceptions made for illness).
Mote Homeschool Advanced Program 2019-2020
Note: This is a drop-off student only program
Homeschooled students with a strong interest in marine science meet once a month to:
- Work in teams to develop and implement marine science research projects
- Work on problem-solving, communication and collaboration skills through STEM based projects
- Get the inside scoop on the exciting research going on at Mote
- Meet with Mote’s professional researchers, trainers, biologists and educators
- Work in teams to develop and implement ocean conservation service projects
- Go behind the scenes of Mote Aquarium
- Get hands-on experience with Mote’s Education Animal Collection
- Increase ocean literacy and awareness through experiential learning
- Have opportunities for field trips and other unique Mote experiences
CLICK FOR 2019-2020 APPLICATION
The HSAP application deadline is June 1, 2019. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
Meetings run September 2019 through May 2020:
Times: One Thursday a month, 10:00am-3:00pm
Dates: Sept 19, Oct 17, Nov 14, Dec 05, Jan 16, Feb 20, March 19, April 16,
Cost: $260 for school year
Times: One Tuesday OR Thursday a month, 9:00am-3:00pm
Note: Students may not alternate between Tuesday and Thursday classes
Tuesday Dates: Sept 24, Oct 22, Nov 19, Dec 7 (Youth Ocean Conservation Summit), Dec 10, Jan 21, Feb 25, March 24, April 21, May 12, June 6 (World Oceans Day)
Thursday Dates: Sept 26, Oct 24, Nov 21, Dec 7 (Youth Ocean Conservation Summit), Dec 12, Jan 23, Feb 27, March 26, April 23, May 14, June 6 (World Oceans Day)
Cost: $300 for school year
Note: Students may join the 12-16 year old age group if they are turning 12 on or before December 31, 2019
Due to very limited space for this program, students will be required to fill out a short application.
CLICK FOR 2019-2020 APPLICATION
CLICK FOR PRINTABLE VERSION OF DATES AND DETAILS
APPLICATION DEADLINE: JUNE 1, 2019
For questions related to Mote Homeschool Programs, please email Dana Henderson, firstname.lastname@example.org.