MOTE HOMESCHOOL DAYS
Join us each month during the school year for a fun-filled, ocean-themed learning experience led by Mote's professional marine science educators. Classes are divided into two age groups (6-9 and 10-14) or you may choose to attend the family class open to ages 6-14. Younger siblings may attend the family class only, free of charge. One free chaperone is required per class.
Cost: $20 for Mote members; $26 for non-members
Click here for Fall 2018 Schedule
*Pre-registration by 4:00PM the day before class is required
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER (only classes that still have spaces available will show)
- Check-in is in WAVE Cinema unless otherwise noted.
- Water programs: For classes with a water portion (noted on schedule) students need to come prepared to get wet and be in the sun. Closed-toe water shoes are required.
- Each class includes an hour lunch break in which you may utilize the park and picnic areas or purchase food at the Deep Sea Diner, New Pass Grille or The Salty Dog.
Please read and keep your confirmation email(s). These emails contain important information for the class or classes you’ll be attending including where to meet and what to bring.
Cancellation Policy: There are no refunds for any Mote Education program unless we cancel the program. If you must withdraw your participation or change the number of students participating and you do so more than TWO WEEKS in advance, we will hold your credit for up to 6 months, to put toward a future Mote Education program (Homeschool Days, Spring Break, Winter Break or Summer Camps). Changes or cancellations within two weeks of the program and no-shows will be charged in full (exceptions made for illness).
Mote Homeschool Advanced Program 2018-2019
Note: This is a drop-off student only program
Homeschooled students with a strong interest in marine science meet once a month to:
- Work in teams to develop and conduct marine science research projects
- Work on problem-solving, communication and collaboration skills through STEM based projects
- Get the inside scoop on the exciting research going on at Mote
- Meet with Mote’s professional researchers, trainers, biologists and educators
- Work in teams to develop and implement service projects
- Go behind the scenes of Mote Aquarium
- Get hands-on experience with Mote’s Education Animal Collection
- Increase ocean literacy and awareness through experiential learning
- Have opportunities for field trips and other unique Mote experiences
Applications Have Closed for the 2018-2019 Year. Applications for the 2019-2020 school year will open April 2019.
Contact Dana Henderson at 941-388-4441 ext. 133 or email@example.com with any questions about Mote's Homeschool Programs.