MOTE HOMESCHOOL DAYS
Join us each month during the school year for a fun-filled, ocean-themed learning experience led by Mote's professional marine science educators. Classes are divided into two age groups (6-9 and 10-14) or you may choose to attend the family class open to ages 6-14. Younger siblings may attend the family class only, free of charge. One free chaperone is required per class.
Cost: $20 for Mote members; $26 for non-members
Please click here for Spring 2018 Schedule
*Pre-registration is required
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER (only classes that still have spaces available will show)
- Check-in is in WAVE Cinema unless otherwise noted.
- Water programs: For classes with a water portion (noted on schedule) students need to come prepared to get wet and be in the sun. Closed-toe water shoes are required.
- Each class includes an hour lunch break in which you may utilize the park and picnic areas or purchase food at the Deep Sea Diner, New Pass Grille or The Salty Dog.
Please read and keep your confirmation email(s). These emails contain important information for the class or classes you’ll be attending including where to meet and what to bring. Contact Dana Henderson at 941-388-4441 ext. 133 or email@example.com with any questions about Mote's Homeschool Programs.
Mote Homeschool Advanced Program 2018-2019
Note: This is a drop-off student only program
Homeschooled students with a strong interest in marine science meet once a month to:
- Work in teams to develop and conduct marine science research projects
- Work on problem-solving, communication and collaboration skills through STEM based projects
- Get the inside scoop on the exciting research going on at Mote
- Meet with Mote’s professional researchers, trainers, biologists and educators
- Work in teams to develop and implement service projects
- Go behind the scenes of Mote Aquarium
- Get hands-on experience with Mote’s Education Animal Collection
- Increase ocean literacy and awareness through experiential learning
- Have opportunities for field trips and other unique Mote experiences
Meetings run September 2018 through May 2019: Ages 9-11
Times: One Thursday a month, 10:00am-3:00pm
Dates: September 20, October 18, November 8, December 6, January 17, February 21, March 21, April 18, May 16
Cost: $250 for school year
Times: One Tuesday OR Thursday a Month, 9:00am-3:00pm. Note: Students may not alternate between Tuesday and Thursday classes
- Tuesday Dates: September 25, October 23, November 13, December 11, January 22, February 26, March 26, April 23, May 21
- Thursday Dates: September 27, October 25, November 15, December 13, January 24, February 28, March 28, April 25, May 23
Cost: $275 for school year
Note: Students may join the 12-16 year old age group if they are turning 12 on or before December 31, 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE JULY 1, 2018. Due to very limited space for this program, Students will be required to fill out a short application.
Contact Dana Henderson at 941-388-4441 ext. 133 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about Mote's Homeschool Programs.