Homeschool Days and At Home With Mote
Join us for fun-filled, ocean-themed learning experiences led by Mote's professional marine science educators. We are offering families both onsite and virtual programs, so you can join us here in Sarasota or from your home anywhere!
Check back later this summer for our Fall 2022 Homeschool Days schedule and registration!
In the meantime, join us this June through August for Seas the Summer with Miss Dana!
ONSITE HOMESCHOOL DAYS
Meet us at Mote to explore exciting aspects of Mote Aquarium, Mote research and Sarasota Bay. Each month is a unique theme offered to three different age levels, 6-9, 10-14 and 6-14 to accommodate families with multiple ages. Please note that only registered participants and chaperones will be permitted to attend.
Important Notes: Price represents the student plus one chaperone per family (required). ONLY registered participants are allowed to attend Homeschool Days (no younger or older non-registered siblings). Admission to Mote Aquarium is NOT included with this program. Please visit mote.org/visit for information and to reserve tickets.
Please review our updated Program Policies, including cancellation and refund information, effective 8/1/2021.
You may add your child(ren) to a waitlist for any Mote Homeschool program through the registration link. Should any openings come about, we will contact those on the waitlist on a first-come, first-served basis via email. You will be expected to confirm the transfer and pay your registration fee within 24 hours of notification. If we do not hear from you within that time, we will move to the next participant on the waitlist.
AT HOME WITH MOTE
If you cannot make it to Mote, no worries, join us for our monthly, live classes via Zoom! These are secure, interactive and fun at-home versions of our Homeschool Days. Join us as we explore the wonders of the ocean from your kitchen table! Learn at home about a variety of magnificent marine life, ocean conservation issues, and marine science research. #AtHomeWithMote is intended for ages 6 through 14.
Registration: For all online classes, registration closes at 11:59PM the day before class or when registration has reached max capacity, whichever comes first. Registration is REQUIRED.
- Please review our Tech Check before registering for a virtual class.
Questions? Email email@example.com
Cancellation Policy: Effective 8/1/2021, we have new policies related to cancellations, weather, and COVID-19 that apply to ALL Homeschool Programs. These policies are linked above, and are also detailed in the registration form and a copy of this policy will be included in your registration confirmation email for your reference.
Mote Homeschool Advanced Program 2022-23
Homeschool students with a strong interest in marine science meet once a month to:
- Work on problem-solving, communication and collaboration skills through STEAM-based projects
- Increase ocean literacy and awareness through experiential learning
- Get the inside scoop on the exciting research going on at Mote
- Collaborate to develop and implement marine science research projects and ocean conservation service projects (specifically 12-16 class)
- Meet with Mote’s professional researchers, trainers, biologists and educators
- Go behind the scenes of Mote Aquarium
- Get hands-on experience with Mote’s Education Animal Ambassadors
- Have opportunities for field trips and other unique Mote experiences
Please note that this is a drop-off student only program.
HSAP Age 9-11 Class
- Dates: Thursdays, Sept 1, Oct 6, Nov 3, Dec 1, Jan 5, Feb 2, March 2, April 6, May 4
- Times: 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Tuition: $360 per student
Note: students may join the 9-11 class if they turn 9 and/or do not turn 12 on or before Dec 31, 2022.
HSAP Age 12-16 Class
- Tuesday Class Dates: Sept 20, Oct 18, Nov 15, Dec 13, Jan 24, Feb 21, March 28, April 18, May 16, June 10 (World Ocean Day Festival)
- Thursday Class Dates: Sept 22, Oct 20, Nov 17, Dec 15, Jan 26, Feb 23, March 30, April 20, May 18, June 10 (World Ocean Day Festival)
- Times: 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Tuition: $432 per student
*Please note you may not alternate between the Tuesday and Thursday classes. Students may join the 12-16 class if they turn 12 and/or do not turn 17 on or before Dec 31, 2022.
Due to the competitive nature and limited capacity of this program all students are required to fill out an application.
For questions related to Mote Homeschool Programs, please email Dana Henderson, Public Programs Manager via firstname.lastname@example.org.