Rates & Fees
The following rates apply to visiting scientists, and research and education groups using Mote Marine Laboratory’s Elizabeth Moore International Center for Coral Reef Research & Restoration (IC2R3) facilities.
Please let us know if you have special requests such as lng-term use of the facility, accommodation of a large group, or use of specific equipment for an educational program or research project.
For Accommodations/reservations/information, please complete the Facility Use Request Form.
The Elizabeth Moore International Center for Coral Reef Research & Restoration
24244 Overseas Highway,
Summerland Key, FL 33042
(305) 745-2729, ext. 700
- Housing - $40/night per person
- Laboratory access (stays offsite, up to three people) - $40/day and $25 for each additional person
- Classroom rental - $60/day (up to 20 people) or $120/day (up to 40 people)
"Housing" includes accommodations, use of dry laboratory, wetlab space and the classroom with various A/V equipment. Telephone and internet access (RJ45) are available in all rooms, as well as the dry laboratory and classroom. A printer and fax are available in the office. All long-distance and fax calls must be charged to a phone/credit card or another number. Linens (sheets and bath towels) are provided in the rooms. Use of onsite ocean kayaks and paddle boards are included with facility use.
Wetlab Research Support
Visit Wetlab page for details.
Field Support Rates
- Half day (up to four hours) - $300
- Full day (up to eight hours) - $500
- Additional staff - $35/hour
- Scuba tank usage - $6/tank
Field support costs include Mote vessel usage fees, fuel costs, and Mote’s U.S. Coast Guard-licensed captain/dive buddy. For projects that involve distances greater than 25 miles from the lab, special arrangement and additional fees for fuel costs will be required.
Contact Erich Bartels, Marine Operations, for availability of IC2R3 vessels and field support.
Boat rentals are also available locally at several nearby locations for short or long-term use, and may be docked at the lab for a fee, space permitting (fee info will be added soon).
Large Vehicle or Trailer Space
Vehicle and trailer storage is available depending on space and duration — call for details and cost.
No equipment or supplies can be stored on site due to space limitations.
- We will add 7.5% sales tax, and when applicable, 5% Monroe County bed tax, to your invoice unless we have a copy of your nonprofit tax exemption certificate on file. To be tax-exempt, the payment check must be written by the facility listed on the certificate.