Rates & Fees
The following rates apply to visiting scientists, research and education groups using Mote Marine Laboratory’s Elizabeth Moore International Center for Coral Reef Research & Restoration (IC2R3) facilities. The "Facility Use Fee" includes accommodations, use of dry laboratory, wet lab space and the classroom with various A/V equipment. Telephone and internet access (RJ45) is available in all rooms, as well as the dry laboratory and classroom. A printer and FAX are available in the office. All long distance and fax calls must be charged to a phone/credit card or another number. Linens (sheets and bath towels) are provided in the rooms. Use of on-site ocean kayaks are included with facility use.
Efforts will be made to give each visitor or group private accommodations; however, there may be times when it will be necessary to share an apartment with other visitors. Please let us know if you require special needs such as long-term use of the facility, have a large group or have an educational program or research project that requires specific equipment.
Contact Robert Etti (email@example.com)
Administrative & Housing Manager
The Elizabeth Moore International Center for Coral Reef Research & Restoration
24244 Overseas Highway,
Summerland Key, FL 33042
Ph. (305) 745-2729 x201
- Facility Use (per person) - $40/day (contact for long-term facility housing discounts)
- Dorm room (sleeps 10-12 same gender) - $40/day per person, $1050/month per person
- Non-resident raceway use - $20/day, $105/wk, $300/ month. (per raceway — additional fees for staff assistance)
- Larger tanks available (1,400 - 15,000 gallon)—contact the Facilities Administrator for details and cost
- Field support costs include the use of the R/V Lady Lynne, fuel costs and licensed captain/dive master.
- 1/2 Day (up to 4 hrs) = $295
- Full Day (up to 8 hrs) = $480
- Additional staff = $25/hr.
- Scuba tank usage = $5/tank.
- Contact Facilities Administrator regarding use of underwater photo equipment, sampling gear or other field needs.
- Boat rentals are also available locally at several nearby locations for short or long-term use, and may be docked at the lab, space permitting.
- Vehicle & equipment storage available depending on space and duration—call for details and cost.
- We will add 7.5% sales tax, and when applicable, 5% Monroe County bed tax, to your invoice unless we have a copy of your non-profit tax exemption certificate on file. To be tax-exempt, the payment check must be written by the facility listed on the certificate.