Rates & Fees
The following rates apply to visiting marine scientists, and marine research and education groups using Mote Marine Laboratory’s Elizabeth Moore International Center for Coral Reef Research & Restoration (IC2R3) facilities.
Please let us know if you have special requests such as long-term use of the facility, accommodation of a large group, or use of specific equipment for an educational program or marine research project.
For reservations/information, please submit a PRELIMINARY REQUEST.
The Elizabeth Moore International Center for Coral Reef Research & Restoration
24244 Overseas Highway,
Summerland Key, FL 33042
(305) 745-2729, ext. 700
- Laboratory access (stays offsite, up to three people) - $40/day and $25 for each additional person.
- Dormitory accommodation – upon submission of your Facilities Use Request Form, our Housing Coordinator will contact you to discuss options and verify rates.
- Classroom rental - $60/day (up to 25 people).
Wetlab Research Support
Visit Wetlab page for details.
Field Support Rates
- Half day (up to four hours) - $300
- Full day (up to eight hours) - $500
- Additional staff - $35/hour
- Scuba tank usage - $6/tank
Field support costs include Mote vessel usage fees, fuel costs, and Mote’s U.S. Coast Guard-licensed captain/dive buddy. For projects that involve distances greater than 25 miles from the lab, special arrangement and additional fees for fuel costs will be required.
Contact Erich Bartels, Marine Operations, for availability of IC2R3 vessels and field support.
Boat rentals are also available locally at several nearby locations for short or long-term use, and may be docked at the lab for a fee, space permitting. Upon submission of your Facilities Use Request Form, our staff will contact you to discuss availability and verify rates.
Large Vehicle or Trailer Space
Vehicle and trailer storage is available depending on space and duration — call for details and cost.
No equipment or supplies can be stored on site due to space limitations.
- We will add 7.5% sales tax, and when applicable, 7% facilities rental tax and and 5% Monroe County bed tax. To receive Florida tax exemption on fees, please provide your Florida tax exemption certificate and note that payment must be made with an organization procurement card or organization check.