The Library and Archives of Mote Marine Laboratory and Aquarium: preserving, protecting, and promoting marine research for over 35 years.
The mission of the Arthur Vining Davis Library & Archives at Mote Marine Laboratory is to provide access to scholarly materials that support world-class research and increase the understanding of marine and environmental science.
Materials in the library collection support the research conducted by Mote scientists and staff and are of a scientific/technical nature.
Due to limited staff, the library is open to the general public during regular laboratory hours by appointment only.
Questions or appointment requests may be emailed to the librarian at email@example.com.
Search for Library Materials
- Library Catalog: Search the library holdings for books, reports, online journals, reprints, and more.
- DSpace: Full-text, open access e-repository of technical reports, articles, and historical publications. (currently in update; thank you for your patience.)
- WorldCat: Connects you to the collections of more than 10,000 libraries worldwide
Search for Articles (Access full-text from Mote campus locations only)
- American Chemical Society Publications: journals, books and C & EN Archives (Contact Librarian for full-text)
- BioOne: biosciences & environment collection, full-text
- FL Electronic Library: articles, proceedings, Academic OneFile, etc.
- JSTOR: Life science collection, full-text
- ScienceDirect: Elsevier, full-text ejournals and ebooks (Contact Librarian for full-text)
- Springer: biomedical and environmental sciences, full-text
Search Archives and Special Collections
- About the Collections
- Archon: Archives and special collections finding aids
- Bass Biological Laboratory Collection
- Charles M. Breder Jr. Collection
- Charlotte Harbor Studies
- Marine Macroalgae Herbarium
- Omeka: Digital repository of items from the Mote Institutional Collection
- YouTube: Bass Lab and Cookie House