Join our trained educators on a variety of paddle trips that offer you an opportunity to explore Sarasota Bay. All kayaking equipment is provided, and class begins with basic kayaking instruction.
Ages: Full Moon Paddles are only offered for adults, 18 years and older.
Cost: Mote members: $24 per person for Mote members; $28 for non-members.
Reservations: Required 24 hours before the program begins. Programs are filled on a first-come, first-served basis, and are subject to change or cancellation based on weather conditions. We do not provide refunds unless we cancel the program.
- Registration for this program is available here.
- Contact our Education office for more information, (941) 388-4441, ext. 348 or email Lauren Markham: email@example.com
- Find out what to bring and what to wear here.
Registration is now open for our Winter to Spring 2017 paddles
- Full Moon Paddle Thursday, January 12th (5:30 – 7:00 p.m. Check-in @ 5:00 p.m.)
- Full Moon Paddle Saturday, February 11th (6:00 – 7:30 p.m. Check-in @ 5:30 p.m.)
- Full Moon Paddle Tuesday, April 18th (7:30 – 9:00 p.m. Check-in at 7:00 p.m.)
- Full Moon Paddle Wednesday, May 10th (8:00 – 9:30 p.m. Check-in at 7:30 p.m.)
Full Moon Paddle
Kayaking doesn’t get much cooler than this. Take a break from the sun and join us for an evening paddle as we explore Florida’s coastal waters at dusk. Discover the animals that bring Sarasota Bay to life at night while taking a relaxing paddle on the moonlit water.
Please meet your Mote educators at the whale statue at the front entrance of our Aquarium at the designated check-in times on the date of your event.
To ensure the safety of our participants, kayaking programs may be canceled in cases of inclement weather. Participants will be notified of cancellations the day before the scheduled program. If Mote cancels a program, you may choose to have your payment refunded or credited to a future program.
If you must cancel: There are no refunds for Mote Education programs unless Mote cancels the program. If you provide notice of cancellation more than 24 hours before the program begins, we will credit your payment to a future Kayaking with Mote program. If you cancel within 24 hours of the program or fail to show up without giving notice, you will be charged in full for the program.
Our kayaking program is weather dependent. If a program is cancelled due to weather, we will notify you through the email you provide on this form.