Full Moon Paddle
Kayaking doesn’t get much cooler than this. Take a break from the sun and join us for an evening paddle as we explore Florida’s coastal waters at dusk. Discover the animals that bring Sarasota Bay to life at night while taking a relaxing paddle on the moonlit water.
Join our trained educators on a variety of paddle trips that offer you an opportunity to explore Sarasota Bay. All kayaking equipment is provided, and class begins with basic kayaking instruction. Please meet your Mote educators at the whale statue at the front entrance of our Aquarium at the designated check-in times on the date of your event.
Ages: Full Moon Paddles are only offered for adults, 18 years and older
Cost: $26 per person for Mote members, $30 for non-members
Reservations: Required 24 hours before the program begins. Programs are filled on a first-come, first-served basis, and are subject to change or cancellation based on weather conditions. We do not provide refunds unless we cancel the program.
Contact: email@example.com or 941-388-4441 ext. 348
- Monday, September 24, 2018 from 7:00 – 8:30 p.m. (Check-in @ 6:45 p.m. Sunset @ 7:24 p.m.)
- Wednesday, October 24, 2018 from 6:45 – 8:15 p.m. (Check-in @ 6:30 p.m. Sunset @ 6:53 p.m.)
- Saturday, December 22, 2018 from 5:30 – 7:00 p.m. (Check-in @ 5:15 p.m. Sunset @ 5:41 p.m.)
- Monday, January 21, 2019 from 6:00 – 8:30 p.m. (Check-in @ 5:45 p.m. Sunset @ 6:03 p.m.)
- Tuesday, February 19, 2019 from 6:15 – 7:45 p.m. (Check-in @ 6:00 p.m. Sunset @ 6:25 p.m.)
- Thursday, March 21, 2019 from 7:30 – 9:00 p.m. (Check-in @ 7:15 p.m. Sunset @ 7:42 p.m.)
- Friday, April 19, 2019 from 7:45 – 9:15 p.m. (Check-in @ 7:30 p.m. Sunset @ 7:57 p.m.)
- Find out what to bring and what to wear
To ensure the safety of our participants, kayaking programs may be canceled in cases of inclement weather. Participants will be notified of cancellations the day before the scheduled program. If Mote cancels a program, you may choose to have your payment refunded or credited to a future program.
If you must cancel: There are no refunds for Mote Education programs unless Mote cancels the program. If you provide notice of cancellation 2 weeks prior to the program date we will credit your payment to a future Kayaking with Mote program. If you cancel within 2 weeks of the program without a replacement or fail to show up without giving notice, you will be charged in full for the program.