Plan a healthy visit
All visitors should heed the health and safety details below.
Mote Aquarium staff and all guests over the age of 5 will be required to wear a CDC-recommended face covering. Disposable masks will be provided to those who don’t have them already.
Hours & location
9:30 a.m.-5 p.m. every day of the week.
1600 Ken Thompson Parkway, Sarasota, FL 34236. Directions to our campus are available at: mote.org/visit
Tickets must be reserved online, in advance (ticket prices are at mote.org/visit). Members must also reserve their tickets online in advance. Each ticket will be timed to a 15-minute window when the guest should arrive, and the last arrival window will be at 4 p.m. daily. All guests and members will start their experience at our main entrance.
We’re operating at “low tide”—reducing our ticket sales per hour to be well within limits set by the State of Florida—to protect your health.
*Exceptions to our online ticket policy: Tickets must be registered on site, in person for two admission specials: Active duty military guests (one free admission with current ID) and guests applying reciprocal partner discounts (show reciprocal partner membership card and ID). Limited tickets are available for these walkups each day on a first come, first served basis. No other special offers are accepted at this time.
Your membership is extended to reflect our recent Aquarium closure. Your visit is free, but advance registration online is required.
Need help with your ticket purchase or member registration?
Here are brief instructions for purchasing non-member tickets and member tickets, and for registering your membership. You can contact us with any remaining questions at: email@example.com or 941-388-4441.
We're keeping Mote spotless!
You help Mote to protect the ocean’s health. Naturally, we work constantly to protect your health by swabbing the decks (a lot), ensuring everyone washes their fins and flippers, wearing our masks (not just for diving!), helping everyone keep at least two otters’ worth of distance (6 feet) apart, and much more.
Specifically, we are working to protect public health against COVID-19 by drawing upon protocols from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Florida Department of Health (DOH) and hospitals, along with an infusion of Mote science and common sense.
Every visit to a public place involves some degree of risk, which is why we require that our guests heed the CDC while you “see-d-sea” at Mote!
Plan a healthy visit (details)
First, make sure you’re feeling up to it.
- Those who are not feeling well should stay home. Meanwhile, you can stay connected with Mote online through our virtual education programs, Aquarium webcams, social media and more: mote.org/virtual
- All Aquarium staff will be required to perform a temperature check upon arrival at work each day. Any staff that arrive at work with a temperature at or above 100.4° F will be sent home.
Remember: Masks aren’t just for divers
- Mote Aquarium staff and all guests over the age of 5 will be required to wear a CDC-recommended face covering to limit the spread of disease (CDC mask guidelines).
- We will provide disposable masks to guests who do not have them already.
- When you are done using masks, gloves or other personal protective equipment (PPE), please dispose of it in proper receptacles.
Enjoy a touchless visit.
- Many aspects of operations have been redesigned to limit contact.
- Our Aquarium map (screenshot here) is featured on wall signs and online; paper maps will no longer be handed out. (View our Aquarium map on your smartphone here.)
- Visitors must purchase tickets online (and all members must register online in advance) except in the case of two admission specials that require ticket purchases on site: active duty military guests (one free admission with current ID) and guests applying reciprocal partner discounts (show reciprocal partner membership card and ID).
Tickets and registration above.
Remain at least 6 feet apart (except from those who are in your party) and avoid gathering in groups larger than 10.
- Mote staff and Aquarium guests will be expected to practice responsible social distancing measures as described within CDC guidelines and recommendations. To support social distancing, we’re operating at “low tide”—reducing our ticket sales per hour so that Mote Aquarium will operate below current statewide capacity requirements.
- We have also restructured our Aquarium entryway and posted social-distancing and directional signs.
- Note: Our animal narrations and most of our special experiences are closed to avoid convening groups.
- Mote personnel are social distancing too: staying 6 feet apart and reducing our movement around our facilities to those necessary for our operations, only.
Have good, clean fun.
- It goes without saying: We are keeping our facilities spotless. We have significantly enhanced our efforts to clean, sanitize and disinfect—especially high traffic areas—in alignment with CDC guidelines.
- In addition to our operational policies, all areas accessible to members of the public have undergone measures to enhance both air circulation and filtration. These measures include air flow enhancement, UV treatment, and increased filtration.
- Before, during and after your visit, wash your hands regularly using soap and water, following CDC best practices. Between washing, please use the numerous hand-sanitizing stations that have been installed around the Aquarium. These stations will be monitored continuously for refilling needs. Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- All Mote personnel are advised to wash their hands rigorously and frequently and increase cleaning efforts for their work areas in accordance with CDC guidelines.
- Guests and Mote personnel will see signs throughout our public and behind-the-scenes areas reminding us all to take CDC-approved steps to prevent the spread of disease.
Responsible dining and shopping.
- Our Deep Sea Diner seating is spaced to accommodate social distancing.
- Our gift shop and diner management partners will be required to comply with all health-safety measures described for Mote staff above.
- At our diner and gift shop, hand sanitizer will be used by staff and available to guests with each transaction.
- Our eco-boat tours are closed temporarily.