Our 2020 Vision and Strategic Plan, adopted unanimously by our Board of Trustees in 2011, is the guiding document that lays the groundwork for research at Mote Marine Laboratory.
The strategies envisioned in this plan are designed to help us set and meet strategic goals and priorities, minimize administrative burden on our research team and invigorate our scientists so that each may build new partnerships that will help us address the grand challenges that face marine science and conservation in the 21st century.
A key tenet of this guiding plan is the ability to expand upon the dozens of research programs at Mote that allow our scientists to undertake transformative research through the creation of new trans-discipline, multi-institutional Research Initiatives. Mote’s major research initiatives are always evolving. Programs we have or are implementing include:
- Florida Red Tide Migitation & Technology Development Initiative
- International Consortium for Marine Conservation Science
- Marine Biomedical & Marine Immunology
- Marine Biotechnology and Ecogenomics
- Ocean Acidification Impacts on Resiliency and Recovery of Coral Reef Ecosystems
- Ocean Sensor Technology, Remote Sensing and Telemetry
- Restoration of Sarasota Bay
- Beyond the Horizon: Creating a Network of Special Ocean Places