2019 William R. Mote Memorial Snook Shindig
The William R. Mote Memorial Snook Shindig is a catch, sample and release tournament designed to gain valuable information on our important local snook fishery, including the impact of hatchery-reared snook released into Sarasota Bay by Mote Marine Laboratory.
We expect all anglers in the tournament to also comply with FWC rules and regulations.
- Mandatory Captain & Participants Meeting at 6 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 27, Mote’s WAVE Center, 1600 Ken Thompson Parkway on City Island, Sarasota.
All anglers must attend the Captains Meeting to receive their special permit.
- Fishing from 7 p.m. Friday, Sept. 27, through noon Saturday, Sept. 28, on Sarasota Bay from New Pass to Blackburn Point. Kayakers: Fish in surrounding creeks where Mote scientists release snook.
- Awards Banquet at 5:30 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 28, at Mote’s WAVE Center.
- Registration (includes Awards Banquet): $40 adult ($50 after Sept. 15), $20 youth (17 and younger). Dinner only: $30.
- For donation or sponsorship information, contact Kate Knepper at firstname.lastname@example.org or (941) 388-4441 ext. 393.
We sincerely thank Presenting Sponsors Carol & Barney Barnett, and the following sponsors:
Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission
Willis Smith Construction
McGriff Insurance Services
Community Foundation of Sarasota County
Florida Tackle Club
- September 27, 2019
- September 28, 2019