Teen Science Café: Conor Goulding, Photographer/Electronic Media Coordinator
Mote Marine Lab’s high school interns present a Florida Teen Science Café. Florida Teen Science Cafés are free, informal events for teens focusing on marine science. Each meeting welcomes a local scientist to share their work with students. Subject matter is geared for 9th–12th grade students.
- Title: Through the Lens of a Mote Photographer
- Speaker: Conor Goudling - Photographer/ Electronic Media Coordinator
- Date: Wednesday, January 31st, 2018
- Location: Selby Public Library, Sarasota, FL
- Time: 4:00-5:30 pm
- Description: Conor Goulding is the in-house photographer at Mote Marine Laboratory, and shoots anything from fish to microscopes, via diving or in a laboratory, and everything in between. He is a southwest Florida native who grew up on the water, which developed into a passion for our oceans. Influenced by photos of animals as a child, he was inspired to pick up photography and create the same influence onto the next generation. His goal is to convey the message of Mote Marine Laboratory through the use of photos that tell a story across all languages. Fish in the field and petri dishes are all subjects of his camera, and with his pictures he shows anyone who looks what Mote is all about.