Seas the Summer Field Explorations
Get set for an O-FISH-ALLY awesome summer! Join Miss Dana, creator of Mote’s popular homeschool programs, each week this summer to learn about ocean animals as we explore field techniques, look for and catch critters in beautiful Sarasota Bay and get empowered to protect the ocean. Every Monday, we will dive into a new theme, so join us all summer for fun in the sun learning about dolphins, seabirds, animal migration, and so much more! Program runs rain or shine.
- Pre-registration for all participants is required.
- These classes are for children ages 6-14, and explore each day's theme through a variety of activities. Please note that this is not a drop-off program and one free chaperone is required per two students.
- Unregistered siblings and/or those under the age of 6 or over the age of 14 are not permitted. Please take advantage of Dip Netting in the Bay or Seashore SEAfari if you are looking for a program the whole family can join in on.
Seas the Summer does not include general admission to Mote Marine Laboratory. Guests who wish to tour the aquarium exhibits will need to purchase general admission tickets. Visit mote.org/visit for more information.
Note: This is an outdoor program and participants will wade in water up to waist deep and enjoy activities in an outdoor classroom space (weather permitting). Find out what to wear and bring here. Program will run indoors if weather conditions prevent us from being outside.
- June 13: Lifestyles of the Sleek and Smart: Dolphin Dynamics in Sarasota Bay.
- June 20: The Weird World of Marine Invertebrates
- June 27: Fintastic Fish
- July 4: Stars, Stripes and…False Eye Spots?!? Camouflage is Cool!
- July 11: Mighty Manatees
- July 18: It’s a Bird, It’s a Plane…No, It is a Bird! Learning about Spectacular Seabirds.
- July 25: Just Passing Through: Animal Migration in the Bay
- August 1: What’s for Lunch? Exploring Food Webs and Trophic Levels
- June 13, 2022
- June 20, 2022
- June 27, 2022
- July 4, 2022
- July 11, 2022
- July 18, 2022
- July 25, 2022
- August 1, 2022